Re: pc-manmonth - I had to say it

Subject: Re: pc-manmonth - I had to say it
From: "Eric L. Dunn" <edunn -at- TRANSPORT -dot- BOMBARDIER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:53:58 -0400

I'd love to be an employee and be able to get fired for using the word
niggardly. Once I proved the firing was due to the CEOs niggardly schooling
I would be a rich man due to the unjustified dismissal payout.
Ignorance in all forms must be fought. If we can not tollerate racism or
sexism from ignorant people why should we tolerate reactionary stupidity?
Instead of attacking someone when they say something you beleive to be
offensive, you may find that politely asking what they meant first shows
that you may have takem it wrong. If they meant what you thought they
meant, then you go ballistic. Not before. I would have thought that this is
a fundamental rule of communication. One that should have been widely known
and respected by all on the list. While as technical communicators our
primary role is to give out information, the communication aspect is
equally important in both directions.

Eric L. Dunn

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=