Actual Slur

Subject: Actual Slur
From: Ellen Zohil <ERZOHIL -at- ACCUSORT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:59:49 -0400

Alexander and others,

Suppose we remove this word from the language because it offends. Are we not secure enough as individuals to survive the implications of a word?
Suppose we purify the language of every word that might possibly offend.
Seems mighty silly to me. It is a matter of choice as to what word you choose and how you interpret any word.

You cannot control what someone does, says or thinks, you can only control your reaction to it.

I find Howard Stern offensive and never funny, but I defend his right to be out there. So.. is it okay to have Howard Stern, but we have to get rid of niggardly.

Ellen Zohil

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000