Re: ADMIN: Posting Rules Reminder

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Posting Rules Reminder
From: Debi <debi -at- LAHIT -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 09:33:19 +0300

Lisa,

how can
we find, know, or anticipate what the right word for the right audience
might be? Good people with good intentions want to know.

Probably usability testing with people from the target audience would be
the ideal way. If they are not accessible, then with people who are
familiar with the target audience (like customer support or marketing
people).

The "vanilla" story Bal Simon told is a good example of how he minimized
damage by checking with a smaller audience first.

To me, this story, and the list's feverous response to the question of
careful language usage, indicate just how relevant this subject is to the
list.

Debi

Debi Parush
Managing Director
LaHIT - Human Information Technologies Ltd.
Web Site: www.lahit.co.il; Email: debi -at- lahit -dot- co -dot- il
Tel: 972-9-7460 420
Fax: 972-9-7427 015

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=