Re: Dev. Cycle and the Manual

Subject: Re: Dev. Cycle and the Manual
From: Ginger Moskowitz <ginger -at- AATECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:48:17 -0400

>In our organization we have five software development phases:
>analysis, requirements, design, coding, and testing.

This is pretty typical, but in my experience these phases are much like the
writing process, i.e., constant revisions are taking place based on things
learned each step of the way. I think documentation can begin once the
design phase is over, but you should not plan on final drafts until after
the coding phase. This allows the documentation to more accurately reflect
what's in the program, and doesn't restrict the engineers to the kinds of
changes they make to the program. Hopefully the testing phase will be long
enough to accomodate printing of the manuals. Customers can be given "beta"
manuals along with beta software in the meantime.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=