Re: Subject: RE: Did ya ever wonder??

Subject: Re: Subject: RE: Did ya ever wonder??
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- GJCTECH -dot- FORCE9 -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 22:47:08 +0100

Kathleen Kuvinka wrote:
-----------
As I am learning, companies don't always hire contractors to save money! For
example, they may (for whatever reason) have the budget to spend dollars on
labor but not equipment. It really shouldn't be the contractor's concern.

I imagine I would find it very frustrating to work on utter crap. But as I
mentioned, my needs are seldom a priority, even as an employee. So I can be
annoyed, or be annoyed and make an extra $2,720. Maybe someday I'll wise
up...

FWIW, when I faced a similar situation, I re-negotiated the contract so
that, in return for an increase in hourly rate, I would use my own laptop.
The client snapped up my offer; I bought myself a new laptop and recouped
the cost over about three months.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- force9 -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=