Re: What about "availability" notices?

Subject: Re: What about "availability" notices?
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- STARCUTTER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 07:49:42 -0400

I've seen several of these postings over the last year and questioned how
effective they are. To those of you who have tried it, how about it? Did
you get any bites or nibbles?

As far as the list goes, it seems like these "help available" postings
would probably have a very limited appeal. I would guess maybe 2-3% of
subscribers would be in a situation where these postings would be of value.

Lastly, if I were getting hungry, I'd probably give it a shot (provided
Eric doesn't shut it down).

Tom Johnson
Elk Rapids, Michigan - On the freshwater coast

johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com work
thomasj -at- freeway -dot- net personal

KAREN_OTTO wrote:

I've seen many job posting ads, and I read the posting rules, but I'm
confused
as to whether or not we can/should post an "available Tech writer" message.
I'm not talking full resumes, just a paragraph or two with the person's
name,
address, and what their objective is.

Is this reasonable posting material, or is it relegated to the "other ads"
category?

thanks,
karen otto
karen_otto -at- hp -dot- com