Re: The semi-magic number 7? Not for lists.

Subject: Re: The semi-magic number 7? Not for lists.
From: Bill Marcotte <billm -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 09:58:14 -0400

I recently finished a course on educational psychology. One theory of lists
(backed up with some but not a lot of research) is that people tend to
remember only what's on the top and bottom of long lists. Although the magic
number may not be seven, it is better to break lists into categories, which
aids memory. In any event, if there are so many bullet points, perhaps they
can be restructured into some well-worded paragraphs :).

Bill Marcotte

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=