Summary - Cross-references on same page

Subject: Summary - Cross-references on same page
From: Gilda Spitz <Gilda_Spitz -at- MARKHAM -dot- LONGVIEW -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:39:30 -0400

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about handling
cross-references to topics later on the same page. I received a wide range
of responses, from "Don't bother", to "Fix them for sure".

Based on the advice I received, I've decided to create a new
cross-reference format in FrameMaker named "Heading on same page". It will
insert the text "see the following topic, [whatever]", instead of "see
[whatever] on page [n]". The problem, of course, is that we will be able to
use it only at the very end of the project, after all changes have been
completed and pagination is stable - but that time, just before printing,
of course, is usually very hectic! But we'll try it for the upcoming
documentation suite, and see how it goes.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond.

Gilda Spitz
Manager, Documentation and Translation
Longview Solutions, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=