Re: Need advice - being criticized for helping

Subject: Re: Need advice - being criticized for helping
From: Arlen P Walker <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:49:00 -0500

Something strikes me about this thread. Let's see what it is:

1) the best way to get jobs is to network.

2) networking is defined as making contacts with people who in turn get you
contacts with other people who in turn get you contacts with other people, etc.

3) people are making contact with you and asking you to put them in contact
with others.

4) people who do this are "lazy" and shouldn't be helped in any way.

Hmmmm. It seems to me point four is completely in conflict with the other
points in the list, while point 3 (the situation your co-worker is complaining
about) is in complete harmony with the other points.

I'd suggest you give your co-worker a book on logical thinking; is there a
birthday coming up?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224