Re: including only part of dialog in screen shot

Subject: Re: including only part of dialog in screen shot
From: Shari Scott <SScott -at- COMPLEXIMAGING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:52:17 -0500

What I have done when I needed just a part of a window is to use the eraser
tool in Paint. I draw a slightly squiggly line and erase above that. The
result is a "torn" look.

Hope this helps,
Shari

Shari Scott Gray
Technical and Marketing Communications
Complex Imaging Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message <snipped>-----
From: Gilda Spitz [mailto:Gilda_Spitz -at- MARKHAM -dot- LONGVIEW -dot- CA]
Subject: including only part of dialog in screen shot

But how do you make it clear that you're including a partial
picture?

I've experimented the spray can tool, but it looks weird.
For now, we're
just including a sentence that says " Only the pertinent
area of ...
appears in this example", but I'm really not happy with it.
Sometimes we
just use the whole picture along with a callout.

What do you folks out there do?

Gilda Spitz
Manager, Documentation and Translation
Longview Solutions, Inc.