Re: Frame versus Word

Subject: Re: Frame versus Word
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 12:20:23 -0400

Hallo:

It's in the archives. However, three pros and cons (leaving aside the fact
that I researched this and am using FM as a result)

Pro Frame:

1. Stable: Handles long and numerous numbered lists
2. Stable: Handles numerous graphics, xrefs
3. Stable: High long-term productivity

(Also, goes to PDF well, supports conditional text . . .. Frame is designed
for long, complex, technical docs. It is primarily DTP software and caters
to that audience.)

Con Frame

1. It's not like Word. MS mavens, especially those who use Word poorly, will
find a steep learning curve. Then again, it's not a Windows look and feel,
as evidenced by the on-line help.
2. No macros.
3. Goofy spell checker, no grammar checquer <g>, poor import/export filters.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

P.S. Please review the archives and make your own list!!!!!!!!!!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=