Re: A GUI terminology question

Subject: Re: A GUI terminology question
From: Svi Ben-Elya <svi -dot- ben-elya -at- AKS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:24:48 +0200

Adobe Acrobat uses the term thumbnails.

On 5/9/99 4:10:09 PM Mark L. Levinson wrote:
>I have a GUI terminology question. Likely you're familiar with tabbed
>pages: at any given time, you see one page complete with tab, plus the
>tabs for all the other pages in the series; clicking on any tab brings
>its page to the front.
>Maybe you've seen a window that works the same except with icons
>instead of tabs? Rather than being attached to a tab, each page is
>represented by an icon in a bar next to where the pages are stacked,
>and clicking on any icon brings its page to the front.
>If you call the tabbed pages tabbed pages, what do you call the
>tabless tabbed pages that are controlled by the icons?
> Mark L. Levinson - Memco Ltd. - Wallenberg 24 - 69719 Tel Aviv - Israel
> tel. 03-6450049 (home 09-9552411 or 09-9555720, shoe phone 051-377181)
> fax 03-6450001, e-mail mark -at- memco -dot- co -dot- il (home nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il)
>Work shouldn't hurt. Fight repetitive stress injuries:
>International RSI Awareness Day 29 Feb 2000,
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Svi Ben-Elya
svib -at- aks -dot- com
chase -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

Aladdin. Securing The Global Village

Ashlag 22, Haifa, Israel
Tel: +972 4 872-8899 Fax: +972 4 872-9966
Visit us at our Web site!

Aladdin supports Idealist. Visit

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Educating Rita
Next by Author: Re: Analysis Top Down vs Bottom Up
Previous by Thread: Re: A GUI terminology question
Next by Thread: Editing Rates?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads