Re: Acrobat 4.0 Good News/Bad News

Subject: Re: Acrobat 4.0 Good News/Bad News
From: Michele Marques <mmarques -at- CMS400 -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:50:48 -0400

I read through the most recent digest, and would like to add a
couple of points:

1) Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 is all that is needed to "clearer"
images on-screen. I have produced lots of PDF documents with
Acrobat Exchange 3.0; the print version is clear in Reader 3, but
the on-screen graphics often are illegible (unless magnified). It did
take a while before I found the correct settings to even get to this
point. I have looked at these same documents with Adobe Acrobat
Reader 4.0, and the graphics look fantastic!

2) If you are truly desperate to use Acrobat Reader 4.0 and have
search capabilities (and don't mind warning messages every time
you start Reader), you can install Acrobat Reader 3 + Search, then
install Acrobat Reader 4 into the same directory. I got warning
messages whenever I started Reader, but the Search did work.

My decision has been to stick with Acrobat 3 (and distribute
Reader 3 + Search) for now, and upgrade only when Acrobat
Reader 4 + Search is available.

Michele Marques
Technical Writer, CMS Manufacturing
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com