TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Job Postings - Boston area From:Laura Horlitz <lhorlitz -at- NSIGHTCOM -dot- COM> Date:Tue, 11 May 1999 10:26:16 -0400
This is a select group of direct-hire positions around the Boston area. If
you would like to find out more, come by the nSight booth at STC conference!
Proposal Writer/ Job #7233
A growing lottery and gaming organization in Rhode Island seeks a junior
technical proposal writer to create technical sales
documents supporting domestic and international proposals.
· Direct-hire position
· Salary to $55K
· Must have at least 3 years of experience writing sales and marketing
· Knowledge and/or interest of the high-tech industry are preferred.
Senior Technical Writer/ Job #7376
A leading supplier of software products and services for intelligent
operations management in the greater Boston area is in search of a senior
writer to write user, programming, and reference documentation.
· Direct-hire position
· Salary to $70K
· Must have experience creating book-length documentation to application
· Familiarity with object-oriented and knowledge-based engineering design is
· Knowledge of components software, programming languages, and/or
third-party development tools is necessary
Senior Technical Writer/ Job #7329
A growing provider of software solutions, northwest of Boston, is searching
for a technical writer to write online help for a growing leader in Web
· Direct-hire position, salary range of $40-60K based on experience
· Must have at least 3 years of experience writing online help is necessary
· Working knowledge of HTML is required
· Experience in a software environment is desirable
Senior/ Principal Technical Writer/ Job #7409
A leading networking products company, north of Boston, is seeking a
technical writer/project leader.
· Direct-hire and/or contract position
· Salary to $75K based on experience
· FrameMaker experience preferred
· Reports to Director of Technical Publications