Re: ownership rights

Subject: Re: ownership rights
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:00:38 -0700

Lori Wiens wrote:

> Do you generally retain ownership/copyrights to your help systems (or other
> documentation), or sign these over to the client? Do you provide just the
> output help files, or all the project files?

Generally all "work product" in a contracted environment belongs to the
client. Your "work for hire" means that you are being paid for your labor, but
the product of that labor belongs to the entity that hired you.

If you search the archives, I think this subject has been covered before.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=