Contractions and sounding natural

Subject: Contractions and sounding natural
From: David Downing <DavidDowning -at- USERS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:17:56 -0400

Our internal style manual instructs us to always use contractions to
maintain a natural, conversational tone -- which occasionally gives me a
problem. IMHO, there are some situation in which it sounds more natural and
conversational * not * to use a contraction. I tend to follow my feelings
in those situations, which often causes the editor to revise my copy to use
the contraction.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=