How Does one Start Contracting?Title: How Does one Start Contracting?
I have a few questions about contracting that I was hoping some of you experienced contractors could answer.
- What is the difference between a 1099 and a W2?
- What is the name of the form that one must fill out when he/she works as a contractor?
- How is this form obtained?
- How is this form used?
- What do I need to take care of "up front" before I accept a contract assignment?
- Are there any other legal issues I should know about that have to do with contracting?
- Are there any issues I need to know about to ensure I get paid for my work as a contractor?
- If you had to list the steps you engage in before starting a contract assignment what would they be?
Previous by Author:
including only part of dialog in screen shot
Next by Author: term for "writeable" directory
Previous by Thread: Re: Contractions in Tech Writing
Next by Thread: Re: How Does one Start Contracting?
Visit TechWhirl's Other Sites