Re: UNIX vs Unix

Subject: Re: UNIX vs Unix
From: Dianne <DianneP -at- PITNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:28:34 -0500

Hello again,

I think I remember someone on this list posting a Web site that laid
out the legalities of using all caps in the name UNIX. I know using
all caps is the "right" way to do it, but I have a superior in my office
who insists on lower-casing EVERYTHING! He won't let us use
symbols or caps, even when the company in question *always*
uses caps, or an asterisk, or a dash... He is pretty insistent on
this, even though we have gotten a few complaints. One company,
BICOM, even sent us a legal document stating their name *must*
be rendered in full caps.

Anyway, if anyone remembers this Web site (I can't remember who
originally posted it), please repost or send it to me privately to
porter -at- telepro -dot- com -dot- Thanks!

Dianne

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=