Re: 'Prepend' isn't a word, is it?

Subject: Re: 'Prepend' isn't a word, is it?
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- STARCUTTER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 15:59:33 -0400

No, no, no. The tail is an appendage, not a prependage. God prepended the
trunk on elephants, and appended the tail. That is unless the elephant
habitually walks backwards, then everything would be reversed. I'll pretend
I didn't write this and attend to my work. We have an ISO auditor coming on
Monday and everything will be upended. If we don't pass the audit, further
work may be suspended.

Happy Friday everyone.

Tom Johnson
Elk Rapids, Michigan - On the freshwater coast

johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com work
thomasj -at- freeway -dot- net personal

Why not simply "prefix"? Its a legitimate verb.

Of course, it all depends on how tightly it's attached since "pend"
suggests just hanging there, as in "God prepended a tail to the cat."

jim aikens

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=