Re: Writing vs. Testing

Subject: Re: Writing vs. Testing
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- INTERACCESS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 13:37:06 -0500

Fred Sampson had a problem with his <first official technical writing job>.
QA vs. tech writing, etc.

I'm a consultant now, and I contract out as a technical writer. But if the
client wants me to do QA, work on the help desk, or conduct training classes,
I do it. It isn't a matter of what I'm qualified or not qualified to do.
When I was working direct for a software company, I did much the same. If
it's a team environment, I'll do whatever it takes to help the team progress.

It might be different if I were an independent contractor, but even then, I
think I'd be more likely than not to try and please the client. What's more
important, your title or a great reference and a job well done? Sometimes we
have to do stuff we don't want to do, just to stay in the game. Or as the guy
in Fractured Fairy Tales used to say, sometimes you have to kiss a lot of
frogs to find that prince. reddibt

jarnopol

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=