Re: Rumors of FrameMaker's Death are Untrue, says Adobe

Subject: Re: Rumors of FrameMaker's Death are Untrue, says Adobe
From: Steven Evanina <sevanina -at- HITEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:40:34 -0400

Arlen P Walker said:

Word (speaking as a Word user for many years, Mac version 3.02 to be precise
which I believe predates every Windows version except 1.0, but as one who has
deleted it from my home systems) is a twitchy product whose useful features
always seemed to me to be at least one dialog box too far away to be useful. It
was gratifying to see MS adopt such modern features as drag and drop editing,
but rather irritating that they only implemented it within their product,
rather than using the Mac OS-supplied drag and drop hooks which would have made
it possible to drag text not only to a new location in the current Word
document, but to (and from) other documents in other applications, such as
email clients, text editors and HTML editors.
Not true, I just dragged some text from Word 97 into Netscape Email (I guess MS and Netscape can coexist). I never knew it could do this. THANKS Arlen.
 It was rather disappointing that
I had to resort to a shareware text editor to collect the varioius scraps of
text from multiple sources and only after that load the resulting collection
into Word for final processing.
I highlighted Alren's email in the digest and (Word was minimized) dragged the text (not the entire digest) to the button on the button bar straight into Word. THANKS again Arlin.

I guess if your not careful, you might learn something new   ;-)

Steve