Re: New Chapter On Right - The real problem is Word

Subject: Re: New Chapter On Right - The real problem is Word
From: Judith McCrea <judith -at- ZETA -dot- ORG -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 23:17:12 +1000

John Posada wrote:
> Deal with the page breaks, sure they can be wacky,
> but that is a part of the job.

I've found that the real problem is that I want the header, footer and page
number on the "blank" page. Using an "odd-page section break" leaves them
out and the page is completely blank. Some printer drivers for double-sided
printers refuse to print blank pages, and then all the subsequent pages are
back to back with the wrong pages!

The best I've come up with is to use a separate file for each chapter, use
folio-by-chapter numbering and an extra page break at the end of each file.
That way I can throw away the last page if it is odd and retain it if it is
even.

How do others handle the wacky page break problems?
Should we be discussing this on the Word-PC list instead?

Judith

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=