Re: E-recruiting (job searching from a distance)

Subject: Re: E-recruiting (job searching from a distance)
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:06:19 -0700

Hi,

As a software company, we have a web page dedicated to job postings
(http://www.mps-inc.com/about/job_board.htm, in case you're interested), and
a common e-mail address that points to a common folder available to the
people who hire in all the departments. Currently, we get maybe 2-5 resumes
a day via this source. I peruse them every few days, but the majority are
not specifically for tech writers. We have never used a recruiting service,
though we have posted jobs on sundry posting services (monster.com, etc)
which resulted in a fair bit of junk e-mail, if nothing else.

So, I don't know about other departments, but we try to keep on top of the
resumes that come in and sift through them for any good ones.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks. DB.

---------------------------
Darren Barefoot
Technical Content Developer
1-604-904-0822 ext.112
<mailto: dbarefoot -at- mps-canada -dot- com>
<http://www.mps.com>

Meridian News!
Attend a FREE half-day seminar, Build Beyond Your Limitations, to
receive a preview of the Meridian Project Pack. For Build Beyond Your
Limitations seminars in your area, or for more information on our
products visit our Web site at www.mps.com