Re: Subject: RE: Interview from hell

Subject: Re: Subject: RE: Interview from hell
From: Jan Boomsliter <boomah -at- CONCENTRIC -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:23:57 -0700

Several people asked about WIFM - what's in it for me? Number one on the list of
things to consider (from the other's point of view, of course) when asking
someone to do something.

And Bill reminded me of one of the BIG reasons the interviewee might not get a
straight answer - "they" already had the person they want, but interviewed for
information purposes (who and what talent is out there now) and to stay within
the law. It happens all the time, not just at that university.

Jan

"Wolfe, William J. CER" wrote:

> This has been a very instructive thread, thanks to all, especially to Jan,
> who's written me offline to clarify her viewpoint. It's given me a lot of
> food for thought.
>
> . . . I know the University is famous for advertising jobs when they already
> have an applicant in mind. . . .

begin:vcard
n:Boomsliter;Jan
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Fax 408 871-0481 Voice 408/378-6093;Writing is easy. Getting source material is hard.
version:2.1
email;internet:boomah -at- concentric -dot- net
title:Senior Technical Writer
x-mozilla-cpt:;29888
fn:Jan Boomsliter
end:vcard