Re: Dev. Cycle and the Manual

Subject: Re: Dev. Cycle and the Manual
From: Brian Martin <martin -at- SODALIA -dot- IT>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:08:08 +0200

I also agree that creating a user manual would be virtually impossible
at the end of the requirements phase. Assuming that development starts
with requirements and continues with architecture, system design, and
component design, it seems unreasonable to attempt a user manual so
early. If functionality is detailed in the System Design and widgets
are described in the Component Design, what would you be writing about?
Neither a procedure or reference manual would be a likely scenario
without a working understanding of the product derived from designs.

What I you may be looking for is a Product Description that gives a
general overview of intended use, rough application functionality, and
possibly a generic look at architecture.

Brian

> > Is it possible to have a user's manual near
> completion at the end
> > of the requirements phase of development?

And John replied
<<HAHA!!! I've rarely seen a Users Manual near
completion at the end of the code writing phase of
development, let alone at the requirements phase.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=