Andrew's alleged virus

Subject: Andrew's alleged virus
From: Marsha Howard <marsha_howard -dot- consultant -at- PEOPLESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:32:23 GMT

I just sent the following directly to Keith but since others are
interested, here's the virus warning I got. Hope it's nothing.

***
Hi Keith,

This is the message I got when I tried to download Andrew's book in Word.

"Message from [my login] on 6/7/99 10:20 A.M.

"VirusScan NT: The file C:\WINNT\Profiles\[my login]\Temporary Internet
Files\0XU305YV\sam6.doc on [my login] is infected with the virus
W97M/Class. Unable to clean file. Cleaner unavailable or unable to access
the file."

I haven't the faintest idea what W97M/Class is. I just hope the virus
software not only stopped the download but also prevented any transmission.

Good luck.

Marsha
***

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=