Re: Single Sourcing

Subject: Re: Single Sourcing
From: Bob Gembey <bob -at- SUPERNOVA -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 15:52:51 +0200

I, too, am very interested in a single-source solution. But I have trouble
conceiving of basing my hard-copy documentation on the source for the
on-line help. On-line help usually tends, IMO, to contain less detail than
the written manual, and use a hierarchical, rather than linear structure.

I would be interested in hearing how you handled the differences in
organization and level of detail.

Xiang Li wrote:

<<I would like to
continue to talk about it because I recently have gone through the process
of single sourcing. I produced a software manual from the online help for
the same software using Robohelp. >>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=