JOB-FT/PT-RTP, NC, USA-Technical Consultant

Subject: JOB-FT/PT-RTP, NC, USA-Technical Consultant
From: Sarah O'Keefe <okeefe -at- SCRIPTORIUM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:17:13 -0400

(cross-posted to framers (2), techwr-l, and publisher lists)

Technical Consultant

Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc., provides technical documentation
services to high-tech companies. We need a technical consultant to join our
team. The technical consultant develops publishing solutions for our
clients; for example, building custom templates and conversion processes to
deliver FrameMaker-based information. In addition, the technical consultant
delivers FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher training (both public and
corporate) and writes technical documentation, including software manuals,
training materials, and more.

If you are an all-around tool expert *and* an excellent technical writer,
we want to hear from you.

We are considering full-time (40 hour) and part-time (20 hour) work weeks.
This is a staff position. (If you prefer a subcontracting arrangement,
please send a note to contracts -at- scriptorium -dot- com, and describe your
experience, availability, and rates.)

Benefits: Although we are a small business, we offer an impressive array of
benefits. These include bonuses; health, life, and disability insurance;
flexible working hours; paid vacation and holidays; and a retirement plan.

For more information about Scriptorium Publishing, see our web site at
http://www.scriptorium.com. We are based in North Carolina and prefer
candidates in this area; we will, however, consider telecommuters.

Requirements:

* Expert knowledge of FrameMaker and other publishing technology (such as
WebWorks Publisher, Acrobat, SGML, and single-sourcing concepts)
* Outstanding technical writing skills
* Outstanding technical training skills
* Experience writing documentation for complicated software and hardware
products
* Experience writing for various media, such as print, online help, PDF,
and WWW
* A minimum of five years experience as a technical writer, editor, and
technical trainer (in any combination)
* The ability to juggle multiple projects
* The ability to work productively as part of a team without direct supervision
* Experience using Internet protocols (email, ftp, WWW)
* The ability to meet deadlines
* The ability to work with a wide variety of people and interact
professionally with clients, both informally and in a classroom environment
* An excellent attitude and a sense of humor
* Available for travel (up to 50%)

Pluses:

* Adobe Certified Expert in FrameMaker
* Certified Technical Trainer
* Certified WebWorks Publisher trainer
* Consulting experience
* Technical editing experience
* Sales and marketing skills
* Technical illustration skills
* Book and graphic design skills

To apply, please send your resume in FrameMaker, text, or PDF format to
careers -at- scriptorium -dot- com -dot- If you have a web-based resume, please send the
URL. **Microsoft Word documents will not be accepted.**

In your cover letter, be sure to tell us why you are interested in
Scriptorium Publishing and whether you are interested in a full-time or
part-time position.

Sarah O'Keefe Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
Author, FrameMaker for Dummies (available 8/99) 919-481-2701
WebWorks Publisher certified trainer okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com
http://www.scriptorium.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=