Getting Published

Subject: Getting Published
From: Leona Dupree <llmdupree -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:24:55 -0700

Hello everyone! First of all thanks to everyone who emailed me
comments and information about help authoring tools. I greatly
appreciate your efforts! I have another dilemma. I am trying to get
the documents I am writing for the company I work for published, but I
am running into many road blocks. I was told today by my manager that
there is no point in entering my "how to guides" in any journal or
getting them published. I see publishing documents for a company as a
great thing for a somewhat small company with a big name for publicity.
However, my manager does not think anyone or any technical journal
would be interested in the documentation. What have you all run into
regarding trying to get documents published through your company and
what are most Technical Writers in the industry doing to get published?
Please email me directly at llmdupree -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot- Thanks!

===
Sincerely,
Leona L. Magee-Dupree

Have a nice day!