Letting Off Steam

Subject: Letting Off Steam
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:30:22 -0500

Howdy,

I have to let this out to someone and the others in my department are all
gone.

I have just discovered one of the really bad things about letting the SMEs
have
the source files to review. I spent a day fixing all the little things in
the manual
(you know: spaces before MHz and kbit) which our style guide dictates. I was

wondering how I missed so many of them the first time around (it was the 2nd

review).

I've gotten it back after the 3rd review and I have discovered that one of
the engineers
spent a chunk of their precious time TAKING ALL OF MY LITTLE EDITS OUT!!

ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!! <sigh> ARRRGGHHHH!!!! Deep breath. That's better.
Thanks for letting me blow-up about that one.

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing
Advanced Micro Devices