Re: DASH IN PDF

Subject: Re: DASH IN PDF
From: Nana Kato <nanakato -at- MA4 -dot- JUSTNET -dot- NE -dot- JP>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:15:15 +0900

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your quick response. I use the Book Antique font
for our products' users manuals. Personally I like this font, except
that its dash is a little bit short and not distinctly different from
the hyphen. I believe that when we use a dash, we expect an
emphasis. So it should be long enough to reasonably stand out.
As an non-native English speaker, I often see dahes used in
a writing and like its grace. Am I pointless?

As for an error display of a dash in a PDF file, this error
sometimes occurs and sometimes not. I copied the text
from the Word document to another blank Word document
and PDF-convert the document. While the first Word file resulted in
an error, the second file resulted in a success.
So puzzling. Maybe a bug of Acrobat3.0?

Nana Kato
nanakato -at- ma4 -dot- justnet -dot- ne -dot- jp

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=