FWD: Telecomm writing vs. Software writing

Subject: FWD: Telecomm writing vs. Software writing
From: Anonymous User <anonfwd -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 07:06:05 -0600

Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

I am considering making a switch to technical writing for a telecom
company. My background is mainly software documentation, with lots of
other side projects on various topics. I'd like input on the following
questions:

1. What qualities are needed to succeed in the telecom environment? Do
they differ from those needed in the software environment?

2. How much of an engineering mindset do you need?

3. Is it possible to transition back to software documentation?

4. Anything else telecom writers can offer that would be helpful in
making a decision in this regard.

Message forwarded on request. Please reply on list.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=