Re: Quotations

Subject: Re: Quotations
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- INTERACCESS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:54:11 -0500

Kathleen Holscher is looking for information regarding quotations: <snip>
<>Does anyone have any references for using quotations that I can give to our
marketing guy? Anything related to legal, ethical or just correct usage of
quotations would be appreciated.>

The Chicago Manual of Style, 13th Edition, contains extensive material on use
of quotations, including section 2.96 which states, and I'm paraphrasing
here, the editor must do nothing to material quoted by an author from another
source. Misspelled words and apparent errors in transcriptions should be
queried to the author.

I think this probably is not what you're looking for, but hey, it IS the CMS -
a bible in its own way

Cheers

jarnopol

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=