Announcement: Call for Speakers

Subject: Announcement: Call for Speakers
From: Mary Deaton <m_deaton -at- KWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:04:10 -0700

Since its inception in 1993, the WinWriters Online Help Conference has been
the premiere gathering for online Help developers. Next year's event, held
March 5-9, 2000, will be bigger and better than ever. We expect more than
1300 attendees will come together to soak up over 101 sessions and 5 days of
sun in our new San Diego, CA venue.

In preparation for the conference, we invite you to submit a proposal for
conducting a session. We need your proposal by August 1, 1999, and you'll be
notified by September 15 regarding its status. You can find complete details
on the submission process at http://www.winwriters.com/ohc/callspkr.htm

A new development this year is the addition of several noted help experts to
the WinWriters conference team. Scott Boggan, Frank Elley, Ben Weisner,
Cheri
Lockett Zubak, and myself will join Joe Welinske in evaluating proposals and
developing curriculum. Each of us will focus on a particular area.

I am looking, in particular, for proposals that address issues of both
personnel and project management in the online development environment. Have
you found a way around a particularly challenging project obstacle? Have
some cogent thoughts on whether it is better to staff with permanent
employees or contractors? Found a way to protect the copyright of web-based
material you are willing to share? Those are just a few of the kinds of
topics I would like to see proposals on. If you have a question or want to
discuss an idea for a session, feel free to contact any of us.

Presenting a session at the conference provides you with rewarding exposure,
both professionally and financially. We look forward to your participation
in San Diego!

Mary Deaton
President, KNOWware, LLC
(206) 682-6113
* Smart User Assistance and Training http://www.kware.com
* Microsoft MVP for HTML Help
* Program Associate, Winwriters 2000 Online Conference
http://www.winwriters.com/ohc.htm
* Speaker, Help Technology Conference,
http://www.winwriters.com/htc99.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=