Re: nice way to word a nasty warning

Subject: Re: nice way to word a nasty warning
From: "Comeau, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- MOH -dot- GOV -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:21:28 -0400

I like your idea, Kathleen, except I _have_ to say that the accuracy of
support may suffer, because our HelpDesk reps only take the phone call, they
don't actually do the support, and the support pepole wouldn't be aware that
there is a non-standard config unless they dig for it.

In the past I have seen 4 techs work on a PC for a week and a half before
they figured out that the PC didn't have a standard config, and when they
reinstalled the program that was acting funny, the entire thing crashed.
(Due to the program from home that the client installed - which had an
undetectable virus)

Also, I can't say "higher priority" - it implies a hierarchy based on
configuration, which I can't mention because here our heirarchy goes by
importance of position. So even if the Director installed a calendar he got
from Shareware.com, and it crashed his system, we'd have to support him
immediately because he's the Director. (Does this make sense? Sorry folks -
I'm a little frazzled...)

Lisa Comeau

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=