Re: Is there a free demo for FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: Is there a free demo for FrameMaker?
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:03:13 -0600

> > Robert! Stop laughing! There is one!
> >
> > They release it on a CD that is a little trouble to get your hands on,
> but
> > there IS one -- their customer service line sent me one (of
> > course, it never
> > arrived, haha) but I was able to get a copy from a local VAR.
>
> Right you are Rebecca. There is a CD of Adobe products that includes a
> demo
> version of FrameMaker. (The installation actually asks whether you wish to
> install the software as a demo or if you have a serial number.) I was able
> to track the phone number through the Adobe web site (I don't remember
> what
> that number was), order the CD, and it actually was delivered to the
> company
> where I work.

If you want a product demo, the fastest way to get it is through a sales
representative. They're typically more motivated to work with potential
customers, whereas customer service often has a different mission--taking
care of existing customers.

I actually got my hands on a demo version of Frame + SGML back when Adobe
had just acquired Frame. If you think demos are hard to come by know, they
were a huge mess back then.

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
International Communications Design & Development
billdb -at- ile -dot- com
This face intentionally left blank.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=