Content sharing without KM software

Subject: Content sharing without KM software
From: "O'Neill, Kate" <kateo -at- CINEBASE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:31:45 -0800

When pubs is using Frame for external docs and everyone else uses Word
to write their internal docs, how do you resolve the content sharing
conflict?
If there are cases where someone (marketing, engineering, whatever) needs
to "steal" material that's been done in Frame, how is that handled? There's
always the workaround approach, I know--I could send a paragraph here and
a page there to whomever--but that's certainly not a scalable solution.

My V.P. of Engineering proposes that user docs be saved in MS Word when
they're released so that non-pubs people can have access to the source; I
don't necessarily feel comfortable with that approach.

Any thoughts?

--
Kate O'Neill: Manager of Documentation
Cinebase Software