Re: Dropdown menu on a button

Subject: Re: Dropdown menu on a button
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:44:43 -0400

John:

I must agree, what you describe is odd. Has your developer seen this in
another application? Which?

What reasons are there for this duplication? Got some icons hanging around
that have no other use--a kind of government program for wayward and
unemployed icons?

I would expect most buttons to call a single function. In other words, if
there is a commonly-used and important function in the Definitions menu, I
might expect that particular function to be represented by a button in the
toolbar.

I am not sure what the reason behind having two identical menu bars is
(which is what your developer has created with the toolbar). Sounds like a
waste of real-estate to me. However . . . there comes a point when you just
document, pick-up the paycheque, and do home at the end of the day with a
big *hit eating grin <g>.

Hakuna Matata. I recommend you bow to the superior design and reasoning
skills of your nemesis!

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=