Dropdown menu on a button?

Subject: Dropdown menu on a button?
From: Robin Johnson <robin -at- MACSCH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:20:43 -0700

>I cannot ever recall having seen this. Does anyone
>have any applications that have dropdown list of
>functions assigned to a button icon similar to the way
>a menu name uses a dropdown list?

I think it depends on the type of button. The "Start" button on the Windows
Taskbar produces a "dropup" menu; the "Bookmarks" button in Netscape
Navigator also produces a menu. In PowerPoint, Word and Excel the graphical
tools seem to be "iconized" menus. For example, if you wanted to draw a
line or insert a shape or even change the font color, clicking the
appropriate icon (button?), would produce some sort of dropdown list or
palette from which you could make a selection. I'm not sure if these
actually count as buttons, however. Maybe these are just menu icons?

HTH

Robin Johnson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=