Re: viewing a post script file

Subject: Re: viewing a post script file
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:45:46 -0500

At 03:29 PM 6/23/99 -0500, Backer, Corinne wrote:

>It's my understanding (based on conversations this week w/Adobe
>customer
>service) that Distiller is a chunk of PageMaker used to create .pdf,
>and
>cannot be bought separately. Acrobat READER is the free .pdf viewer I
>think
>Brian wants. Is this correct? 'Cuz if not, I need to call them back.

Not exactly correct.

Adobe Acrobat is something that Adobe sells as a standalone product for
around $200. (If anyone's looking for a copy, there are often copies
for sale on eBay for less than half of that.) It includes Acrobat
Distiller (the thing that makes PDFs using PostScript files), Acrobat
Exchange (the souped-up version of Acrobat Reader that lets you edit
and create cross-references in Acrobat files), and a bunch of other
stuff.

Adobe also bundles the full version of Adobe Acrobat in several of its
powerhouse applications: PageMaker, FrameMaker, and Illustrator (I
think) -- possibly others.

Hope that helps.

--
"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=