Re: design (program) question

Subject: Re: design (program) question
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:41:21 -0500

At 12:26 PM 6/24/99 -0700, Melissa Clark wrote:
>I'm about to reformat an application note that was originally created
in
>=
>Word; however, with the format, several things are involved:
>- 2-3 column layout
>- equations included
>- pictures/screen captures included
>
>The format is not going to be the same on every page (some pictures
may
>=
>be on the left, some on the bottom, etc.), so I am guessing that I
will
>=
>need some kind of page layout program, like Adobe PageMaker. But the
=
>document is very large, like 90 pages. =20
>
>The question I have is, what program would be best to layout the =
>presentation of the application note? =20

I'd be perfectly happy doing the document in Word, as long as I had a
powerful enough computer with enough memory. Ninety pages is well
within its capabilities. You can do it in PageMaker, too, of course,
but what you get in additional control is lost in additional layout
time, in general.

Frame would be a fine tool for the task, but it's not worth buying and
learning it for this if you don't already have a copy.

--
"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=