Setting up internship program

Subject: Setting up internship program
From: Pete Harbeson <Peter -dot- Harbeson -at- NOKIA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:36:08 +0300

I'm interested in setting up an internship program in technical writing. We
would bring in one (at first) college intern for a semester to help out with
various software documentation tasks, and in turn to learn whatever we can
provide in terms of the "real world" (or one little corner of it) of
technical writing.

Has anyone set up a program like this? We're located in the Boston area, so
there's no shortage of colleges and universities -- do you work closely with
specific institutions, or just post your internship jobs? Do all internships
involve course credit? Do colleges work with you in placing interns, or do
you do all your own interviewing? How much do you pay your interns?

As you can see, I am currently Without Clue; any and all suggestions will be
most welcome!

-----
Peter J. Harbeson
Senior Technical Writer