CLEI Code Documentation

Subject: CLEI Code Documentation
From: Jean DiSabito <jdisabito -at- PRIORITYCALL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:43:50 -0400

Has anyone out there ever had to provide documentation required for Common Language Equipment Identification (CLEI Codes) - Telcordia (formerly Bellcore). If you have, did you work with a consultant? I've been tasked with and have already done some work on this project, (identified the product, indicated required technical information, defined each component [what it is, where it is used, function it provides, how it is serviced and where our product ID is marked, pricing, hazardous material, etc.] for our product.)

My SME and I have read and re-read the Telcordia CLEI Processes and Guidelines, and have a Telcordia engineer assigned to us, but we still find it confusing. Should we hire a CLEI consultant, if such a person exists. And if one does exist that you know of, could you send me their name and how I could contact them? Your advice/expertise on this subject would be gratefully appreciated.

You can reply to me off line, and I will summarize the responses I get.

Thanks in advance,

Jean

Jean DiSabito,
Technical Publications