Arbortext's Epic

Subject: Arbortext's Epic
From: Chris Tolliver <Chris2 -at- IMPACT-TECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 18:22:41 -0400

Title: Arbortext's Epic

Hello all.

Does anyone have comments, opinions, or insights on Arbortext's Epic software for single-sourcing with XML? I'd love to hear from you. (My TECHWR-L archive search on "epic" got no hits for this software.)

Some specific questions I have about Epic are:

-- How hard would it be to learn and implement, for an XML novice?
-- Is it stable, not too buggy?
-- How does it compare to other, similar products like FrameMaker+SGML?
-- How well does it convert XML into print and HTML Help?
-- How good is Arbortext's customer support?

If it matters, we currently have documents in Word, PageMaker, HTML, and RoboHELP. We maintain some duplicate information in our printed manuals, online help, and software. (And we're gonna put it on the Web, too!)

Thanks in advance.

Christina Tolliver
Manager, Publications
Impact Technologies Group, Inc.