Re: FrameMaker and WebWorks

Subject: Re: FrameMaker and WebWorks
From: "Weiner, Kandis" <kweiner -at- POSITRON -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:05:20 -0400

Hello Sybille,

(Let me preface my comments by saying that I am still a Web Works novice.)

Web Works converts FrameMaker documents to a number of formats, including
HTML, HTML Help, and others.

At it's most basic, you create a conversion template by mapping FrameMaker
paragraph tags to HTML tags, and use Web Works macro language for formatting
tweaks. Once you refine the template, it is a simple process to convert
documents. But setting up, refining and tweaking the template can take some
time...

Web Works is not always the easiest to use - and sometimes the documentation
can be less than helpful - but it is a pretty powerful tool.

As far as Web Works being needed - when going from Frame to any other
format, Web Works offers the best control and the cleanest conversion from
other products I've seen (including Save As HTML, from Frame).

HTH,
Kandis Weiner.
Technical Communicator - Positron Public Safety Systems
http://www.postron911.com
mailto:kweiner -at- positron -dot- qc -dot- ca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=