Re: Weird communication. Was: Airport shuttle

Subject: Re: Weird communication. Was: Airport shuttle
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:37:31 -0700

My favourite transportation signage gaffe:

I take a ferry across Burrard Inlet every day, and in the waiting area there
are several signs that read:

"Bicycles must be carried on the Seabus at all times."

I imagine a compartment behind the engine room where one of the crew members
keeps a close eye on several bikes, to ensure they're always carried and
don't slip off the Seabus unnoticed. Or, conversely, I feel sympathy for all
those pollution-free cyclists having to clutch the bikes to themselves for
the entire 15 minute crossing.