Re: Hyperlinks = maps = relationships?

Subject: Re: Hyperlinks = maps = relationships?
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 10:55:19 -0700

At 01:15 PM 6/29/99 -0400, Geoff Hart wrote:

>Sample topics to get the ball rolling:
>- what are the main failures of hyperlinks, and how could
>understanding the underlying "map relationship" improve our
>hyperlinks?
>- what is the difference between a hyperlink that simply jumps you
>to another position, vs. one that expresses a relationship?
>- are image maps better at showing relationships than text links?

On the last point, no - if you believe User Interface Engineering or Jakob
Nielsen. See
<http://www.uie.com> and <http://www.useit.com>

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=