FM-PM cost analysis

Subject: FM-PM cost analysis
From: "Bradshaw, Deanna" <dbradshaw -at- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:27:56 -0700

I wrote a cost analysis for switching from PageMaker to FrameMaker at my
workplace that I'd be glad to email Kari Alt (or anyone else who's
interested) if you'll send me your email address. In summary, our cost
savings mostly derived from FM's table capability. In PM, we had to make
tables in Word, convert to EPS, and place in PM like a graphic, with the
attendant overhead of numbering and tracking the tables like artwork, not
being able to spell check the table text in PM, and remaking EPSs when
changes to the tables were needed. Because we used a lot of tables, FM saved
a lot of time. I also did a back-of-the-envelope calculation of the time
saved by using cross references and autonumbering features, given our work
process, which involved multiple authors whose work was folded into one
file.
Deanna
dbradshaw -at- logicon -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=