PostScript Woes continue

Subject: PostScript Woes continue
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 14:11:47 -0500

I solved the minor GSView problem by changing the PostScript option on the
printer driver from "Optimize for speed" to "Optimize for portability."

But the Acrobat problems continue apace.

Based on advice received, I took a scattershot approach, and did the
following:

1. I downloaded and installed the Distiller 3.02 upgrade.

2. I downloaded and installed the Adobe 4.3 PostScript driver, with the
latest HP LaserJet 4MP PPD file.

3. Based on the advice of the readme file that came with the driver, I set
the driver option to send TrueType fonts as outlines.

And now everything is _almost_ perfect. I have the right fonts, and they
print out perfectly. But when I view the PDF on screen, every instance of
the letter "c" is missing! Capital C's are fine, it's just the lower-case
versions.

Is there any fix for this, short of upgrading to Distiller 4.0?

As always, thanks for any help.

--
"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=