Re: online vs. on line vs. on-line

Subject: Re: online vs. on line vs. on-line
From: Chuck <writer -at- BEST -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 14:40:08 -0700

Companies generally develop their own standards.

I prefer "online" mostly because it's one fewer keystroke. But some
spell checkers don't recognize it as a word. Yet.

One (of several) good references for the latest and greatest definitions
is www.whatis.com.

--
"[Programmers] cannot successfully be asked to design for users
because...inevitably, they will make judgments based on the

Chuck Martin
writer"at"best.com www.writeforyou.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=